CHICAGO SCHOOL OF CANINE MASSAGE
1975 CORNELL AVENUE, MELROSE PARK, ILLINOIS, 60160
PH: 773-770-5996 EM: INFO@CHICAGOSCHOOLOFCANINEMASSAGE.COM
Level 1 Enrollment Agreement
DATE OF ADMISSION: Upon receipt of program deposit
PROGRAM / COURSE NAME: Level 1: Canine Massage Foundations
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM / COURSE:
The 7 day intensive 100 hour Canine Massage Foundations curriculum includes the following:
- Canine massage overview
- History of massage
- Canine ethology
- Canine physical and social development
- Canine behavior and low stress handling
- Understanding and working with stress, anxiety, and fear in dogs
- Palpation and assessment
- Fundamental massage techniques
- Basic canine anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Working with shelter dogs
- Pre-event, post-event, and maintenance massage for canine athletes
- Introduction to trigger point therapy
- Introduction to Passive Range of Motion (PROM) and stretching techniques
- Gait observation
- Common canine musculoskeletal conditions
- Complementary modalities
- Basic business practices
Additionally, our hands-on curriculum provides students with 3-dimensional learning experiences. You will have the opportunity to access a wide array of study materials and anatomy tools to reinforce in-class learning, learn anatomical structures by applying concepts to live dogs and skeletal models, meet and interact with guest lecturers who are among the top people in the field, work with real clients in real-life situations – the ultimate learning experience, and much more!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO PROGRAM / COURSE:
- Applicants must sign and complete the enrollment agreement in full.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must show proof of a driver’s license or a visa if registering from outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must have high school completion or GED.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants must have an interview with a CSCM admission officer.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally capable of safely handling and interacting with animals of varying sizes and personalities, ensuring the applicant is capable of meeting the physical and emotional demands of performing therapeutic massage.
- Applicants bringing their own dogs must submit a dog attendance waiver.
- Applicants are required to purchase supplemental books for study, listed below:
Dog Anatomy: A Coloring Atlas. Robert Kainer and Thomas O. McCracken, 2003.
Stress in Dogs. Martina Scholz and Clarissa von Reinhardt, 2007.
On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals. Turid Rugaas, 2006.
Days Class Meets: Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Time class meets: 9:00 AM
Time class ends: 600 PM
Number of days in class: 7
Total credit hours: 100
TUITION & FEES
Non-refundable deposit: $600
Total cost for: Level 1: Canine Massage Foundations is $1,600
Refund / cancellation policy
A non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration and tuition in full is due two weeks prior to the start of class. Students receive their course materials once tuition in full is received. No financial assistance or payment plan is available. Tuition is 100% refundable if the student withdrawals at least two weeks prior to the start of class. If the student withdrawals less than two weeks prior to the start of class or after the program has begun, tuition is non-refundable, unless the withdrawal is due to extenuating circumstances. Extenuating circumstances include illness, injury, bereavement, military obligations, or other if approved by the Chicago School of Canine Massage Board of Directors. Any extenuating circumstance must be submitted in writing to Chicago School of Canine Massage and approved by the Board of Directors.
Courses are subject to cancellation or alteration by Chicago School of Canine Massage due to limited enrollment one week prior to the program start date. If a program is cancelled by Chicago School of Canine Massage students are subject to a full tuition refund or can enroll in a future program.
Chicago School of Canine Massage reserves the right to cancel a program up to 24 hours before the program start date due to act of nature, natural disasters, act of war, contagious pathological outbreaks (both human and canine), or other if deemed appropriate by the Chicago School of Canine Massage Board of Directors. If a program is cancelled students will have the opportunity to enroll in a future program.
NOTICE TO STUDENT
- Do not sign this agreement before you have read it or if it contains any blank spaces.
- This agreement is a legally binding instrument and is only binding when the agreement is accepted, signed, and dated by the authorized official of the school or the admissions officer at the school’s principal place of business. Read all pages of this contract before signing.
- You are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement and any disclosure pages you sign.
- This agreement and the school catalog constitute the entire agreement between the student and the school.
- Any changes in this agreement must be made in writing and shall not be binding on either the student or the school unless such changes have been approved in writing by the authorized official of the school and by the student or the student’s parent or guardian. All terms and conditions of the agreement are not subject to amendment or modification by oral agreement.
- The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL
The student has the right to cancel the initial enrollment agreement until 11:59PM of the 3rd business day after the student has been submitted. Cancellation should be submitted to the authorized official of the school in writing.
July 1, 2014 – Present
Chicago School of Canine Massage offers approximately two Level 1 programs per year and only takes a maximum of 10 students in each class.
Total number of students admitted to Level 1: 32
Total number of students still enrolled in Level 1: 11
Total number of students graduated Level 1: 11
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND RISK ASSUMPTION WAIVER
- I certify that I am in generally good health and am capable of participating in the Chicago School of Canine Massage (CSCM) career-training program, and that the information I have given in my application and during my interview is true and factual.
- I acknowledge that CSCM reserves the right to dismiss any student from any class if the student demonstrates unsatisfactory conduct, is disruptive, is non-compliant or in any way causes concern for the instructor’s, students’ or animals' health and welfare, according to the policies of the school.
- I acknowledge that if I bring a dog to class, I will abide by the conditions set forth in the Dog Attendance Policy and that CSCM reserves the right to seek the appropriate cure, including remedies available through the courts, for any monetary losses, damages or claims arising out of any damage or event caused by or resulting from the actions of my animal for the duration of the class or program.
- In a certification program, the attending of all classes is required. Make-up work is the responsibility of each individual student. Missed hours must be made up. The course director will work with the student in scheduling the make up hours. All missed “hands on” hours will be completed through private instruction at $60/hour.
- I agree to pay CSCM the total stated tuition and fees. Upon completion of all academic and skill requirements including observation hours and case studies and when all financial obligations to CSCM have been met, CSCM will award the applicable certificate of completion to the student. Students not accepted into CSCM classes or programs are entitled to a full refund of monies paid. All deposits are non-refundable. Students who withdraw at least 30 days before the commencement of the program can apply the deposit to another class or program.
- Release and hold harmless CSCM for any losses incurred or charges stemming from travel arrangements, lodging, airfare, etc. caused by class cancellations, due to bad weather or for any other reasons deemed appropriate by the school.
- All material contained on our website and in the Chicago School of Canine Massage program and manuals is copyrighted and is protected under U.S. and international copyright laws, whether or not a notice of proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. The copyrights are owned by Chicago School of Canine Massage. Materials cannot be shared or copied without the written permission of CSCM.
- I authorize CSCM to take and utilize at their discretion photographs and or audio/video recordings or any material submissions taken during any classes, activities and or events. These photographs and or audio/video recordings may be utilized for any CSCM promotional purpose. Students are allowed, with permission, to photograph and videotape for personal educational purposes only. Any video and photography usage, other than permitted, will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- I acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against CSCM, or its owners, agents, partners, employees, independent contractors for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the Undersigned will pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by CSCM in defending such an action.
- Release and hold harmless Chicago School of Canine Massage and any hired or unpaid agents, contractors, vendors or lessors, acting as a representation of the aforementioned companies and person (collectively referred to as “CSCM Representatives”), from any and all future claims, including third party claims, arising from liability due to accident, damage or injury to self, horse, dog, or others and/or loss of or damage to personal property during, or resulting from any Chicago School of Canine massage classes, programs or events. Release and hold harmless Chicago School of Canine Massage and CSCM Representatives from any injury etc. to my person or property resulting form the inherent risks of the classes or programs, events, or the Activities resulting from any action or inaction by CSCM or CSCM Representatives. This waiver and release is effective even if the injury, death or damage to person or property is caused by, or contributed to by, actions or failure to act of CSCM or CSCM Representatives. And which actions or inactions constitute ordinary negligence of a violation of any applicable law pertaining to canine activity liabilities. Neither Participant nor Participants representatives shall make any claim against, maintain an action against, or recover from CSCM or CSCM Representatives or its independent contractors, instructors, directors, officers, members, employees, agents, volunteers, lessors, representative, designated officials, or others acting on their behalf for injury, loss, damage or death of the participant, participants invitees, participants canine or other animal, to the participants personal property (regardless of ordinary negligence by CSCM or CSCM Representatives or regardless of an alleged violation of an applicable equine or canine activity liability law.)
- I hereby acknowledge that there are numerous inherent risks associated with being on the property, including but not limited to risks associated with canine activities, activities involving other animals, activities around property and equipment and other hazards associated with entering onto or being on the Property, whether preparing for, entering, attending participating or leaving any CSCM classes or programs, or being on the Property. The inherent risks include those dangers and conditions which are an integral part of canine activities or activities involving other animals, other Activities, or being on the Property, including but not limited to: the propensity of a canine to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm, or death to persons on or around them; the unpredictability of the canine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movements and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals; certain hazards such as surface or subsurface conditions; collisions with other animals or objects; the potential of participant or others to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant, participants canine or participants other property (such as participants vehicle or personal possessions) or others such as failing to maintain control over the canine or not acting within his or her ability; the breakage or failure of tack or equipment or property; the potential that an equine or canine may cause injury or harm to the participant or other persons or animals in the vicinity. Participant is not relying on CSCM to list within this document all possible inherent risks or all risks of participating in any of the Activities on the property or at any other location.
- This document is intended to be as broad and inclusive as any applicable law permits. If any clause conflicts with applicable law, only that clause will be void but the remainder shall stay in full force and effect. Execution of this form denotes my acceptance of the terms and conditions described above and within the “Release of Liability and Risk Assumption Waiver”. I hereby release and hold harmless the Chicago School of Canine Massage (CSCM), Canine Massage Chicago, For Your K9, Integrative Pet Care, Animal Care League, Chicago Animal Care and Control, Safe Humane Chicago, and any and all of CSCM’s instructors, partners, guest speakers, volunteers, demonstrators from any liability due to accident or damage to self, horse, dog, cat or other animal; and/or loss of or damage to personal property during any CSCM class, session, lesson, event or other form of demonstration or learning. My signature below and submission of this form denotes my acceptance of the terms and conditions described above. I HAVE READ THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVE AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF CLAIMS AND THAT I AM ASSUMING RISKS INHERENT TO MY PARTICIPATION, AND I AGREE TO BE FULLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
- I hereby acknowledge receipt of the school’s catalog, which contains information describing programs offered, and equipment or supplies provided. The school catalog is included as part of this enrollment agreement and I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this catalog.
- I hereby acknowledge receipt of the school’s release of liability and risk assumption waiver as a part of this enrollment agreement and I have agreed to the terms of this waiver.
- I have carefully read this enrollment agreement and CSCM agrees to send a copy of the completed enrollment agreement upon receipt.
- I understand that the school may terminate my enrollment if I fail to comply with attendance, academic, and financial requirements or if I fail to abide by established standards of conduct, as outlined in the school catalog. While enrolled in the school, I understand that I must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in the school catalog and that my financial obligation to the school must be paid in full before a certificate or credential may be awarded.
- I hereby acknowledge that the school has made available to me all required disclosure information listed under the Consumer Information section of this Enrollment Agreement.
- I understand that the school does not guarantee transferability of credit and that in most cases, credits or coursework are not likely to transfer to another institution. In cases where transferability is guaranteed, [school name] must provide me copies of transfer agreements that name the exact institution(s) and include agreement details and limitations.
- I understand that the school does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program completion.